What is a liposuction operation?
Liposuction is an operation to get rid of the fat collected in certain areas at the body. It is also known as Lipo or liposculpture.
Who needs Liposuction operation and who can have Liposculpture?
People who are disturbed by excess fat collects in any part of your body that do not respond to diet or exercise can have liposuction operation.
It can be applied to the abdomen, waist, back, arm, under chin and leg in certain limits if desired. It should not be forgotten that liposuction is not a slimming operation, it is only for reshape the body.
What should be done to prepare for the liposuction operation?
– If you are taking the contraceptive pills, stop taking 4 weeks before from the procedure.
– Stop smoking 2 weeks before the procedure
-Strat taking Iron tablets, Vitamin C and Arnica Drops at least 4 weeks before the procedure
– Stop the aforementioned vitamin supplements 1 week before the procedure.
– Always be aware of chronic illness and medicines and / or drug use.
– Prepare yourself well both physically and mentally
– Be realistic
– Ask questions that come to your mind so that you are more confident and clear.
– Plan a massage as you can start after the 3rd day of your return. Find out about the contracted massage saloons.
– Always follow Maccenta’s recommendations
– Bring someone with you, this will help your healing both physically and mentally.
– Do not use blood thinners like the following 1 week before the procedure; alcohol, herbal tea, green tea, aspirin, etc.
Operation process and methods
In the areas where fat will be removed, it is entered under the skin with the help of a cannula, a liquid is given to loosen the fat and the thinned fat is taken out by suction method. The operation takes 2 to 3 hours on average and is performed under general anesthesia. One night hospital stay is sufficient. Our patient can walk 4 hours after the operation.
Post-operative and recovery period
The corset produced for liposuction operation is worn after the surgery and the patient is required to wear this corset day and night for 6 weeks. Swelling will in the body after liposuction. Massages should be started immediately. The result will be seen after 1 month, but the final result is seen after 6 – 8 months. Can travel by plane 3 days after the liposuction operation.
One of the most important points to be considered is smoking. Smoking should be avoided for at least 2 weeks.
Liposuction operation is not suitable for whom.
Liposuction surgery cannot be performed on people with a chronic disease that will prevent surgery.
Patients with low blood values are asked to be treated beforehand.
Liposuction with abdominoplasty is recommended for patients who has sagging at the tummy.
Contact Macenta to find out if you are suitable for liposuction.